Skip to main content

Sigh... No choice for "safety"

Mo ranting from meh... Ya know all the crap films that are made now are made because they are "safe" pre-sold franchises.... remakes, re-imaginings, adaptations blah blah... they don't take any chances on any new ideas because they are not "safe"... now in the world of film that equals biannual regurgitations of mediocre soulless crap...

Now in real life in the US... when people trade in they choice for "safety" it means that I, a person with no criminal record at ALL can be stopped in the street for nothing at all by 8 police... searched...including taking off my shoes, socks etc for 30 minutes... can be told to my face by judging eyes "You are on drugs" when I don't use any drugs at all.... and I have to stand there and take it unless I want to get tasered, shot and arrested...not necessarily in that order...

The Hollywood system rewards films that plays its game... big money, big stars, fancy things... and it attacks little films that don't have those things...

In real life A_merica the "system" rewards those that plays its game... if I was driving a new BMW and had fancy clothes on those police would not have stopped me... but I was riding a bike wearing messed up old clothes... So I must either be A) drug addict B) Ex-con or C) Drug addict... as there are no artists riding bikes around any more I guess?

Eh it just saddens me everytime I come back to the US from some other country because I know WHAT IT CAN BE and WHAT IT ONCE WAS... it wasn't "current threat level orange" all the time like it is now... that bullshit is there to keep all in fear because when your in fear your in a state of panic and all you want is "Safety" Well "safety" is here now...

Are filmmakers at "current threat level orange" as well? I thinks so.....

Now I don't get harassed that much... but the police bother me more than the "criminals" do... and now I know I can't go to my studio in the middle of the night... well I can if I buy a new car... but then oh I wouldnt be able to make films because I'd have to pay for the car blah blah...

So when HSM is done one of my priorities is leaving the USA...

Too much "safety" suffocates.

Comments

  1. The government keeps us in fear because it is easier to control people who are afraid all the time. Plus, people who are in a state of constant fear and apprehension don't have time to think about things like their civil rights and guaranteed freedoms under the Constitution. People who are always afraid don't ask questions. But really, the Constitution doesn't matter anymore because our government is owned and run by corporations now and not the original ideals that it was founded upon. So - yes, you are screwed. We are all screwed. We play go-along to get-along and all the while we seethe inside for something more. I am sorry the police harassed you. But I am so glad you were smart enough not to give them an excuse to arrest you or hassle you further than they did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's hard to apologize for someone ele, but I'm real sorry for your poor treatment just because you look "different" than the souless zombies that walk the streets. I'm not surprised you want to leave the US. Many artists have gone before you. Personally, I think it's a great idea. I think you'll get more support abroad. Just got to make sure I see you before you go since we don't live that far apart.

    Good luck, my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so you did you still get to film the underwater shots you twittered about?

    this happened to me the other day walking home from work at midnight, i got pulled up by the cops about 2 houses away from home. wanting to know why i was wandering around at night and that i looked suspicious because i was wearing a hoodie, well yeh its midnight and its cold, im not gonna be walking around in a shirt and tie sir. i know they are doing their job, but you always feel crap after an interrogation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well can't you send in a complaint to the police department? not that I think it will do a world of difference but somebody needs to get them to chill a bit. of course that guys probably not you but it's just an idea.

    Leaving the US seems like a nice idea all though I don't have much faith in humanity in general so I wouldn't be surprised if there's jerks all over.

    I was gonna try to find out where you lived so that I could be the creepy guy across the street staring all the time..but now I can do that and see the world at the same time XD lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder if that only happens in bigger towns. I live in a small town and you see weirdos walking around at night all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah, fight the system, MDot. It looks like the things you've dealt with concerning conformists and fear-ridden, uncreative people may really turn out into something productive. Just don't be afraid to introduce new ideas, and fight censorship to the end!
    And, concerning Drainage's remark, humanity's got its problems but it seems like everywhere they're being dealt with except for in America.
    Anyway, good luck with HSM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're welcome in Berlin anytime... Seems like my trip to the US is getting canned, for now anyways...

    ReplyDelete
  8. yeah go to Berlin or Bristol in the Uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's the same everywhere...at least it is in Britain too...if they ain't careful these "western" countries are gonna have some mass emmigration...

    Bring on outer heaven...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think this might help you out mdot:
    Sean Kennedy of RantMedia (also one of my voice actors btw...) on the importance of camouflage:

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aNUeBEykNIA

    index to 5:48

    The whole idea is to fight the system from within. You dont have to be a conformist, you just have to appear to be one. Or not, really it's up to yourself how much tyrrany you're willing to put up with.

    Come up to Canada, we don't have it nearly as bad (yet)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What format should I render out of Cinema 4d with?

UPDATED 2_27_13!  RENDER USING EXR Lossy Zip16! Since I'm working on a new feature film that will generate over 1500 shots made up of image sequences I need to make sure I choose the right file format to render to lest my hard drives explode. What I need from my format is  at least 16bit, an alpha included and preferably small size. I rendered out a frame from my film tallied up all the file sizes here- their all different types of codecs listed from smallest file size to largest. The render includes an RGBA pass, Depth pass, and Material Luminance pass because thats what I always render out. 1.00mb 8bit-Photo Jpeg %100 1.27mb 8bit-PNG 4.65mb 16bit- EXR lossy ZIP16 5.75mb 8bit-PSD 6.23mb 16bit-EXR lossy PLZ 6.44mb 16bit-PNG 7.94mb 8bit-TIFF 8.50mb 16bit-EXR Lossy 24 9.05mb 16bit-EXR Lossy Run Length 14.6mb 8bit-TARGA 22.4mb 32bit-EXR ZIP16 24.6mb 32bit-EXR Zip1 25.6mb 32bit-EXR PLZ 29.3mb 16bit-TIFF 29.3mb 16bit-PSD 40.0mb 32bit-EXR Run Length 58.7mb 16

Aggregated feedZ

So I totally aggregated all meh rss feedZ...So in this one handy like feed thing you can get... -Meh blog posts -Meh EXCITING Facebook status updates (ex. "I'm so FACE") -Meh youtube videos -Meh Vimeo videos -Meh Blogtalk radio episodes - and much more (actually just like some other xml code that i don't understand) Just subscribe via this link and you can get all that for a low low price of...oh wait it's totally FREE ^ ^

So a guy is trying to take credit for my film...

TLDR- Scroll down to THE THIEVERY My name is Mike- I make films under the name "M dot Strange" and I have done so for the past 10+ years- this is my story as a filmmaker culminating in a recent event wherein a "filmmaker" tried to take credit for my life's work Here's my imdb page with my film credits  My web site Here's a reel with stuff from my original films in which I wrote/created/designed/animated etc everything that you see- I can and have performed all aspects of animated film production on my films- thats sort of how I made a name for myself- by being a one man animated film studio Here's a presentation from 2014 with me discussing the production of my last film My first animated feature film "We Are The Strange" premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2007 Sundance archives link Article about the film Link to the film Film's site Because of the buzz that film generated I was given offers to sell the