Skip to main content

Comp TWEAK Comp

So I'm still tweaking on comP stuff...

Now I did try to go as far as I could in 3d so that my final 3d render was looking pretty tite on its own... NOW if ya didn't know After Effects was like the first program I got really good at and I used to do everything in it way back when I was doing like whole experimental short films in it with 200-300 layers 0_o back in 2001....

So after getting so deep into the world of my 3d rendereR... I forget HOW MUCH you can do in the compositing phase... I knew I was going to do my DOF blur, atmosphere and FX, matte paintings in COmP...but I had to watch a bunch of reference vids to remind me of all the tite stuff that can be done in COmP...

Just go to Youtube or Vimeo and search for "Compositing breakdown" and in watching those you'll get tons of ideas... Also by watching Andrew Kramer at videocopilot.net work in some of his tutorials you'll get tons of ideas too...

When you get too deep into 3d you tend to get stuck there in the way you think ....WHEN there is probably some really EASY and SIMPLE 2d or 2.5d trick that looks great... and as long as it looks good who cares if it was done in 3d or not?

Its like why mess with fire, smoke, dust or liquid sims in 3d when you can just shoot teh practical fx? Tweaking those sims can really eat up time I've found.... I made the film with C4d 11.5 so I had ModyN to mess with...it only allowed me to do rudimentary shattering of geometry BUT even in tweaking those I spent a lot of time... I can imagine what it would be like if I was doing cloth sims, fire, smoke, fog, liquid 0_0 It would have taken forever....

I had to have torches in the film but instead of comping in real fire or going with some fancy sim I just made my own fire... I just started screwing around with the formula deformer and some fresnels in a bunch of the material channels...some visible lights and I made my own fire that renders fast and is easy to move around a scene/reuse...it doesn't look like "real fire" by why does anything in a fantasy film have too?

It doesn't... by trying to stay too close to reality is what eats a lot of time... NOW I do walk the line as far as "reality" goes but we can't be afraid to step over the line here and there especially if its a minor thing and it would greatly speed up our work...

Ok back to tweaking on this comP

Comments

  1. Light Streaks? umm .. all is so fancy not so simple like simple cube with simple lines ..
    Trapcode horizon , sound keys...?? maybe..

    Audio to Animation?!! YEAH.. I just can't understand how's people made that in stock install they are geniuses er something

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Kusturica' twas oops:)
    It's like Santa, for a year you're gonna write a letter to Lapland, and when 'he' asks you what you want for X'mas , you are talking about some crap

    if M. you ever come here I'll prepare


    hey, people feel free to write below my comments don't be confused lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey M, I saw that donate button on your blog that says "DONATE - We need your support!"

    And ummm... what the fuck do you mean "WE need support?"

    There's... someone else isn't there?

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha its some new thing I signed up for and by default it says "we"... I da know why? 0_o its just me

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What format should I render out of Cinema 4d with?

UPDATED 2_27_13!  RENDER USING EXR Lossy Zip16! Since I'm working on a new feature film that will generate over 1500 shots made up of image sequences I need to make sure I choose the right file format to render to lest my hard drives explode. What I need from my format is  at least 16bit, an alpha included and preferably small size. I rendered out a frame from my film tallied up all the file sizes here- their all different types of codecs listed from smallest file size to largest. The render includes an RGBA pass, Depth pass, and Material Luminance pass because thats what I always render out. 1.00mb 8bit-Photo Jpeg %100 1.27mb 8bit-PNG 4.65mb 16bit- EXR lossy ZIP16 5.75mb 8bit-PSD 6.23mb 16bit-EXR lossy PLZ 6.44mb 16bit-PNG 7.94mb 8bit-TIFF 8.50mb 16bit-EXR Lossy 24 9.05mb 16bit-EXR Lossy Run Length 14.6mb 8bit-TARGA 22.4mb 32bit-EXR ZIP16 24.6mb 32bit-EXR Zip1 25.6mb 32bit-EXR PLZ 29.3mb 16bit-TIFF 29.3mb 16bit-PSD 40.0mb 32bit-EXR Run Length 58.7mb 16

Aggregated feedZ

So I totally aggregated all meh rss feedZ...So in this one handy like feed thing you can get... -Meh blog posts -Meh EXCITING Facebook status updates (ex. "I'm so FACE") -Meh youtube videos -Meh Vimeo videos -Meh Blogtalk radio episodes - and much more (actually just like some other xml code that i don't understand) Just subscribe via this link and you can get all that for a low low price of...oh wait it's totally FREE ^ ^

So a guy is trying to take credit for my film...

TLDR- Scroll down to THE THIEVERY My name is Mike- I make films under the name "M dot Strange" and I have done so for the past 10+ years- this is my story as a filmmaker culminating in a recent event wherein a "filmmaker" tried to take credit for my life's work Here's my imdb page with my film credits  My web site Here's a reel with stuff from my original films in which I wrote/created/designed/animated etc everything that you see- I can and have performed all aspects of animated film production on my films- thats sort of how I made a name for myself- by being a one man animated film studio Here's a presentation from 2014 with me discussing the production of my last film My first animated feature film "We Are The Strange" premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2007 Sundance archives link Article about the film Link to the film Film's site Because of the buzz that film generated I was given offers to sell the