Skip to main content

Cinema 4d 13 is the one for filmmakerS!

The new animation tools and ESPECIALLY the CMotion system coming in Cinema 4d 13 is going to be AMAZINGLY useful for animated filmmakers... Here's CMotion in action in the hands of an animator and NO KEYFRAMES were used 0_0

c4d R13 + cmotion + builder + biped cycles 01 from Pete Circuitt on Vimeo.

The CMotion system seems to be PERFECT for me because I already do a lot of procedural animation using Vibrate tag's, Xpresso, Mograph, and a few other tricks... but this system is BUILT as a PROCEDURAL CHARACTER ANIMATION TOOL so yeh its SUPER DOPE!

AND there's a new Character tool which is pretty much an awesome AUTORIGGING system... it has presets for bipeds, quadrapeds, spiders, birds and MORE... I'm not even joking! It even has an AUTOMATIC walk creator which is CMotion then you can tweak the walks to your hearts content.... another it does that is VERY useful is that it will automatically make the character walk along a path at the correct speed with NO foot slippage 0_0 AND it can make them walk over surfaces as well!

If I sound excited I AM! Because these new tools are PERFECT for the way I work... so it'll allow me to work like twice as fast ^_^

For coverage of the new version click on over to C4dcafe

To me Cinema 4d was ALREADY the BEST 3d application for solo animator, one man army's like myself but NOW with the updated Xref's I predict many more 3d animation studios making 3d animated films will pop up... because they are really making character animation and 3d filmmaking VERY accessible and I'll even have to say they are making it  EASY ^ ^

Lots of creative/design types use C4d but I think that with previous versions they were a little bewildered by the character animation tools OR the limited xref's in previous versions put a damper on a truly collaborative workflow when working on films with teams of people...



BUT now that the upcoming version of Cinema 4d supports fully rigged characters with Xref's... so THIS changes everything! It makes C4d a very powerful production tool for teams of artists... AND it's also useful to a solo filmmaker like me...

So yeh if you or your company/studio wants to get into making 3d animated films and character animation and you want to do it all in-house than I say Cinema 4d 13 is the one for you!  I've now made two feature films, and countless short films with it.... AND I still love it! ^_^

I was able to do this in six days by myself with Cinema 4d 12... I imagine with version 13 I could do it in three ^_^

Comments

  1. I've always wanted to make 3D movies.. with this new release, I think this is the perfect time to start!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What format should I render out of Cinema 4d with?

UPDATED 2_27_13!  RENDER USING EXR Lossy Zip16! Since I'm working on a new feature film that will generate over 1500 shots made up of image sequences I need to make sure I choose the right file format to render to lest my hard drives explode. What I need from my format is  at least 16bit, an alpha included and preferably small size. I rendered out a frame from my film tallied up all the file sizes here- their all different types of codecs listed from smallest file size to largest. The render includes an RGBA pass, Depth pass, and Material Luminance pass because thats what I always render out. 1.00mb 8bit-Photo Jpeg %100 1.27mb 8bit-PNG 4.65mb 16bit- EXR lossy ZIP16 5.75mb 8bit-PSD 6.23mb 16bit-EXR lossy PLZ 6.44mb 16bit-PNG 7.94mb 8bit-TIFF 8.50mb 16bit-EXR Lossy 24 9.05mb 16bit-EXR Lossy Run Length 14.6mb 8bit-TARGA 22.4mb 32bit-EXR ZIP16 24.6mb 32bit-EXR Zip1 25.6mb 32bit-EXR PLZ 29.3mb 16bit-TIFF 29.3mb 16bit-PSD 40.0mb 32bit-EXR Run Length 58.7mb 16

Aggregated feedZ

So I totally aggregated all meh rss feedZ...So in this one handy like feed thing you can get... -Meh blog posts -Meh EXCITING Facebook status updates (ex. "I'm so FACE") -Meh youtube videos -Meh Vimeo videos -Meh Blogtalk radio episodes - and much more (actually just like some other xml code that i don't understand) Just subscribe via this link and you can get all that for a low low price of...oh wait it's totally FREE ^ ^

So a guy is trying to take credit for my film...

TLDR- Scroll down to THE THIEVERY My name is Mike- I make films under the name "M dot Strange" and I have done so for the past 10+ years- this is my story as a filmmaker culminating in a recent event wherein a "filmmaker" tried to take credit for my life's work Here's my imdb page with my film credits  My web site Here's a reel with stuff from my original films in which I wrote/created/designed/animated etc everything that you see- I can and have performed all aspects of animated film production on my films- thats sort of how I made a name for myself- by being a one man animated film studio Here's a presentation from 2014 with me discussing the production of my last film My first animated feature film "We Are The Strange" premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2007 Sundance archives link Article about the film Link to the film Film's site Because of the buzz that film generated I was given offers to sell the