Skip to main content

Before you post your film in progress online prepare for this

I posted a little behind the scenes video on my youtube channel yesterday as a sneak preview to people interested in the film- this is the video



Here is a comment it got

Now many of you have probably gotten comments like this on your stuff- I'm just showing you this so you know that it never goes away you just learn to deal with it- the proverbial "Haters gone hate"

At this point in my career these comments just strengthen my resolve ^_^ They just add fuel to the fire that will never stop creating ^_^

I myself have NEVER left a comment like this on anyones work/film- if I don't like something I don't say anything at all- I mean what is the point? If I think I know better and can do something better shouldn't I be doing the thing in question myself instead of complaining about it?

The more you know- the less you learn that you really do know- so knowledge and experience humbles you- Conversely with human beings- The less they know, the more they think they know!

If you're miserable and hate yourself and your life- do something about it- don't try to drag others down like the crabs in a bucket Joe Rogan talks about


If you think my animation and films suck etc- then please do it better and show me! Until then I'm lost without your guidance! ^_^

It sounds kinda douchey but its true- if you know of a better way to do something then do it and show us! We don't want to hear any excuses- if you have excuses then you're probably full of shit and don't really know anything at all.

If yer hatin just to hate and over the age of 30 do the world a favor- but a small barbecue grill- take it into a car with the windows rolled up or other small enclosed space- light the charcoal and take a really long nap as you'll be doing the world a favor- thanks ^_^

Sound cruel? Well I know a few people that were very talented and happy people who were creative once and loved it- and at some point in their lives when they were still maturing as an artist- some hater came along and stamped out their spark- and they were never the same again-

It would have been so much better for everyone if those old crabs took one of those special naps ^_^

So if people hate on your work- know that we're in the same boat- that's what happens to people who get off their asses and decide to chase their dreams! It's a minor bump in the road that in NO WAY stops the great joy, happiness, and feeling of achievement and fulfillment you get from creating your own films ^_^

If everyone seems to be hating on you and doubting you- know that I believe in you! That's how I feel as I know most all of you believe in me! So I'd like to return the favor ^_^

Don't ever let anyone stamp out your spark!!!! Let them live and die miserable as they are- humor them if you have to but don't take them seriously. If you know their miserable/unhealthy why would you take their advice anyway?

A PERSONS ADVICE CAN ONLY GO AS FAR AS THEY HAVE GOTTEN

If they are not exactly where you want to be- don't listen to them.

Comments

  1. So this dude posted a link to his own movie where he's doing everything over 9000 times better then, right?...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess most people don't realize what you're actually accomplishing. Finishing a feature length animated movie by yourself is an amazing thing.
    Also, dude completely misses the point. "Whats the point of releasing a film when it's very low in quality?" Tech talk, get over it. Yeah, STUDIOS pull off nicer looking lipsync, STUDIOS spend hours and days on a ten second shot, STUDIOS... yeah they can create brilliant looking things that blow you away. Take a look at the tiger in Life of Pi, it's simply mindblowing!
    However, this isn't the quality of the movie, it's the quality of the 3D animation aspect of the movie. People don't get that when looking at an animated piece. If a movie fails to inspire through storytelling, mood, meaning or fails to evoke an emotional reaction, THEN it's low quality. If you get blinded by the flashy shiny imagery, then you should probably try to get a pair of those fancy sunglasses they wear in They Live!
    Here's one guy churning out one feature length, inspired animation movie after the other by himself. That's quality right there!
    ok, rant over..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea I agree with Christoph and what you have said before. It doesn't matter if the animation is "pixar quality", it doesn't matter if your lips aren't perfectly synced.

    What does matter is that you are true to yourself, and tell a story that is both interesting and entertaining. People also don't get the concepts of STYLE. No matter how technically skillful something is, if it isn't set apart by something unique then it isn't YOUR art.

    Basically what I am saying is Mdot has a great STYLE that is recognizably him, while still being technically skillful in my (humble, non artistic)opinion. One example is that I saw the "Animal" music video for Mindless Self Indulgence and IMMEDIATELY knew it was MDot before I looked into the video info or knowing ahead of time.

    Anywho, kind of sick so I am rambling now but Mdot, keep it up. Your style is great, your stories are STRANGE (but awesome), and you are overall a cool guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats awesome, I am reminded of Tex Avery. When they were writing the old toons if anybody said "You cant do that"or "Thats a bad idea", they were automatically fired. An about the more you know the less you know this little quote from Chuck Jones rings true- "In order to learn anything new you have to get someone in here that doesnt know a thing." an look at those dudes, they made the best lasting toons for all ages. Because they didnt let haters hate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forget them...I used to post my stuff to ANIBOOM and get a lot of those...probably they were expecting FUNNY little rabbits.
    Keep on animating and in 10/20 years you will have a impressive body of work, while them...

    the best

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In order to create the Art of the future we must study the art of the past. But I couldnt agree more with just getting it done.

      Delete
  6. I looked at your illustrations an your Blog Imaginario, I can see youve been busy for awhile, Nice works. Keep it up man.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard not to get down from comments like that, but I find they are mostly from people who are upset with their own lives. Too bad they can't find a more constructive way to vent.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that you called this guy out by name! HA! Clearly this dude has a problem since he ended his totally nonconstructive criticism with the snarky "I look forward to you deleting my comment." Um, what's the point of posting a comment if you're looking forward to it being deleted? Clearly he KNEW he wasn't being helpful which means he's the definition of a hater. He's reveling in the semi-anonymity of the internet while talking junk about other people's work while he's most likely never produced a single thing of value. His comment just reeks of jealousy.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What format should I render out of Cinema 4d with?

UPDATED 2_27_13!  RENDER USING EXR Lossy Zip16! Since I'm working on a new feature film that will generate over 1500 shots made up of image sequences I need to make sure I choose the right file format to render to lest my hard drives explode. What I need from my format is  at least 16bit, an alpha included and preferably small size. I rendered out a frame from my film tallied up all the file sizes here- their all different types of codecs listed from smallest file size to largest. The render includes an RGBA pass, Depth pass, and Material Luminance pass because thats what I always render out. 1.00mb 8bit-Photo Jpeg %100 1.27mb 8bit-PNG 4.65mb 16bit- EXR lossy ZIP16 5.75mb 8bit-PSD 6.23mb 16bit-EXR lossy PLZ 6.44mb 16bit-PNG 7.94mb 8bit-TIFF 8.50mb 16bit-EXR Lossy 24 9.05mb 16bit-EXR Lossy Run Length 14.6mb 8bit-TARGA 22.4mb 32bit-EXR ZIP16 24.6mb 32bit-EXR Zip1 25.6mb 32bit-EXR PLZ 29.3mb 16bit-TIFF 29.3mb 16bit-PSD 40.0mb 32bit-EXR Run Length 58.7mb 16

Aggregated feedZ

So I totally aggregated all meh rss feedZ...So in this one handy like feed thing you can get... -Meh blog posts -Meh EXCITING Facebook status updates (ex. "I'm so FACE") -Meh youtube videos -Meh Vimeo videos -Meh Blogtalk radio episodes - and much more (actually just like some other xml code that i don't understand) Just subscribe via this link and you can get all that for a low low price of...oh wait it's totally FREE ^ ^

So a guy is trying to take credit for my film...

TLDR- Scroll down to THE THIEVERY My name is Mike- I make films under the name "M dot Strange" and I have done so for the past 10+ years- this is my story as a filmmaker culminating in a recent event wherein a "filmmaker" tried to take credit for my life's work Here's my imdb page with my film credits  My web site Here's a reel with stuff from my original films in which I wrote/created/designed/animated etc everything that you see- I can and have performed all aspects of animated film production on my films- thats sort of how I made a name for myself- by being a one man animated film studio Here's a presentation from 2014 with me discussing the production of my last film My first animated feature film "We Are The Strange" premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2007 Sundance archives link Article about the film Link to the film Film's site Because of the buzz that film generated I was given offers to sell the