Skip to main content

Strange American man translates normie American speak

"I'm not a fan" = I don't like it but I'm so afraid of what other people think I use this veiled language instead of just saying what I really think-

Example- I'm not a fan of Del Taco, I got explosive diarrhea last time I ate there.

"It is what it is" = I have nothing to say so I'm just going to open my mouth and make a noise and say something that means nothing-

Example- I got fired, it is what it is.

"You're not getting any younger" = you are close to not being sexually desirable and your time of death is near-

Example- When are you going to get married? You're not getting any younger you know.

"Me time" = I'm lazy and want to sit around doing nothing-

Example- I really should be working on that project but I decided I needed some me time.

"Amazing" = mediocre, if everything and everyone is described as being amazing that simply cannot be true- so amazing really just means mediocre and non-threatening as most people/things are-

Example - Oh my god, this place is amazing and the food amazing, thanks for telling me about it Kevin, you're amazing.

"Oh my god" =  I have nothing to say as I'm currently formulating thoughts, instead of withstanding a few seconds of silence I'm going to open my mouth to make noise and call attention to myself-

Example- Oh my god I just got home and oh my god David texted me earlier and he was so rude oh my god.
"World Star" = I'm a literal moron and I'm making the sounds I heard other literal moron's say when the behavior I'm observing was observed in various videos-

Example- Oh shit! A fight! World star! 

"You only live once" = I'm interested in dying a horrible premature death because I have no impulse control and/or I engage in this destructive behavior as a form of procrastination from what I'm really supposed to be doing with my life-

Example- I wasn't planning on eating a birthday cake made out of meth and being in a gang bang but you only live once!

"Nazi" =  someone whose values or opinions differ from my own or from the group I identify with- 

Example- I was spending some me time at an amazing restaurant last night when this guy came in with a hat I'm not a fan of- My friend was like, it is what it is, but I was like, you only live once so fuck that Nazi, I'm going to punch him!

"I love that __" = I'm mildly interested in it now but soon I will be disinterested in as I am an American, a strange empty topical creature that is in a state of perpetual discontent-

Example- Oh my god, I love that show. Oh you know Randy? Oh my god, he's amazing I love that man.
"That's so funny" = That's not funny but I like the sound of my own voice so I'll say this to seem energetic and exciting-

Example - David was there too? Oh my god, that's so funny.

"Freedom" = slavery, except I can go to the drive through and get any food or drug I want at any time- I can also buy a gun and lots of mostly plastic things made in China-

Example-  The rest of the world is just jealous of us because of the freedom we have.
"Only God can judge me" = No one can judge me because I'm living for a higher power that I'm not really sure exists but I don't want to have to face the truths of my reality-

Example- Yeah I punched her in the face but I don't care what they say, only god can judge me.

"I don't have time for that today" = I wasted too much time tapping on my phone and/or with social media today

Example - I wanted to go to the gym but I don't have time for that today.

"Street cred" = I'm respected by no one that's respectable-

Example - I might not have any valuable skills or any education but I've got street cred and that's what matters.
"Keepin it real" = I've squandered my life on things that have no value outside of the delusions of grandeur I have about myself and the life I've wasted-

Example- Hell yeah I quit school and my job and I've done nothing but corrupted others and committed crime the past few years,  I'm keepin it real.

"...Death and Taxes..." = I've never heard of Satoshi Nakamoto-

I hope these translations are helpful to some people mystified by this Ameri-speak-




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What format should I render out of Cinema 4d with?

UPDATED 2_27_13!  RENDER USING EXR Lossy Zip16! Since I'm working on a new feature film that will generate over 1500 shots made up of image sequences I need to make sure I choose the right file format to render to lest my hard drives explode. What I need from my format is  at least 16bit, an alpha included and preferably small size. I rendered out a frame from my film tallied up all the file sizes here- their all different types of codecs listed from smallest file size to largest. The render includes an RGBA pass, Depth pass, and Material Luminance pass because thats what I always render out. 1.00mb 8bit-Photo Jpeg %100 1.27mb 8bit-PNG 4.65mb 16bit- EXR lossy ZIP16 5.75mb 8bit-PSD 6.23mb 16bit-EXR lossy PLZ 6.44mb 16bit-PNG 7.94mb 8bit-TIFF 8.50mb 16bit-EXR Lossy 24 9.05mb 16bit-EXR Lossy Run Length 14.6mb 8bit-TARGA 22.4mb 32bit-EXR ZIP16 24.6mb 32bit-EXR Zip1 25.6mb 32bit-EXR PLZ 29.3mb 16bit-TIFF 29.3mb 16bit-PSD 40.0mb 32bit-EXR Run Length 58.7mb 16

Aggregated feedZ

So I totally aggregated all meh rss feedZ...So in this one handy like feed thing you can get... -Meh blog posts -Meh EXCITING Facebook status updates (ex. "I'm so FACE") -Meh youtube videos -Meh Vimeo videos -Meh Blogtalk radio episodes - and much more (actually just like some other xml code that i don't understand) Just subscribe via this link and you can get all that for a low low price of...oh wait it's totally FREE ^ ^

So a guy is trying to take credit for my film...

TLDR- Scroll down to THE THIEVERY My name is Mike- I make films under the name "M dot Strange" and I have done so for the past 10+ years- this is my story as a filmmaker culminating in a recent event wherein a "filmmaker" tried to take credit for my life's work Here's my imdb page with my film credits  My web site Here's a reel with stuff from my original films in which I wrote/created/designed/animated etc everything that you see- I can and have performed all aspects of animated film production on my films- thats sort of how I made a name for myself- by being a one man animated film studio Here's a presentation from 2014 with me discussing the production of my last film My first animated feature film "We Are The Strange" premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2007 Sundance archives link Article about the film Link to the film Film's site Because of the buzz that film generated I was given offers to sell the