Skip to main content

I guess I'm supposed to focus ^ ^


So a few posts back I wrote about some live gig I was gonna do in June where I was going to do live electro, freestyle and do my own visuals... well I was going to do that off this old Mac laptop BUT yesterday the hard drive errrrrrr'd out and I had to reformat it and reinstall the OS...in the process I lost all my audio samples/loops and ALL my visual clips 0_0 I dont back that stuff up because it doesn't have to do with the film so I guess I won't be doing that show... Now I has to tell the organizers...they r going to be kinda sad but I has no sound or video now so I make boring show.... When thaNGS like this happen I always try to find the HELLA GOLD lining mayne... So I worked harder on the film...

AND over the past year I've grown to LOVE FILTHY GRIMY DUBSTEP and like I want to rebuild all my loops and stuff with a little influence from the stuff I listen to all teh time... oh yeh... there's another musical style I was obsessed with a year ago.... and it might have influenced HSM in ODD ways... we'll just have to see ^ ^


MEANWHILE... after finally(I'm an impatient UBERECTOR ^ ^) getting the time/space to work on the score... Endika is going to start writing the music... he broke it down into 13 movements... which he will write/orchestrate over the next 13 weeks... he writes the music by hand onto custom designed notation like paper... then everyday he will transfer his work into Sibelius to create the digital version of the score which will AT FIRST use samples in place of real instruments..except for BASS, PIANO, CELLO because he plays themS... when it is all written he will then fill in the sampled instruments with real players IF he deems it necessary... then he will tackle the sound design, and then the submixes and final mix... Its a TON of work that he's never done before so I've offerred to help him with the stuff I know how to do... sound design + mix.... but he's taking it all on ^ ^ So he'll be like the audio Uberector on the film if all goes well.


Comments

  1. Oh dude all your samples?! Sad day indeed. :/
    Sorry to hear you can't do the show. Sounded like it might be fun for you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think he's bullshitting us all
    he sits there and does whatever he wants for a year and give us a realese date
    why do i think that?
    he's from the future HE BROUGHT HIS WORK WITH HIM so he dosen't have to do it
    i'm not tricked that easily m dot strange (even though it took me a few years to realize it)
    so what do you really do all day?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed a sadder day for the world...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mr STranGe, this is why you're my creative hero, literally. You lose an entire aspect of what you've created and you walk away focussed and making the most of the change in plan it introduced.

    Dude, you're part creative genius part tank. It's like there's nothing thats ever going to rock your world enough to get your finger off the "create" button.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know if you use anything for backup but I use Backblaze. It backups everything in 'the cloud' its encrypted, it does the backup continously and the space is unlimited! But you have to pay for each computer (but you can backup external drives with no additional cost). And costumer service is GREAT! Haha.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What format should I render out of Cinema 4d with?

UPDATED 2_27_13!  RENDER USING EXR Lossy Zip16! Since I'm working on a new feature film that will generate over 1500 shots made up of image sequences I need to make sure I choose the right file format to render to lest my hard drives explode. What I need from my format is  at least 16bit, an alpha included and preferably small size. I rendered out a frame from my film tallied up all the file sizes here- their all different types of codecs listed from smallest file size to largest. The render includes an RGBA pass, Depth pass, and Material Luminance pass because thats what I always render out. 1.00mb 8bit-Photo Jpeg %100 1.27mb 8bit-PNG 4.65mb 16bit- EXR lossy ZIP16 5.75mb 8bit-PSD 6.23mb 16bit-EXR lossy PLZ 6.44mb 16bit-PNG 7.94mb 8bit-TIFF 8.50mb 16bit-EXR Lossy 24 9.05mb 16bit-EXR Lossy Run Length 14.6mb 8bit-TARGA 22.4mb 32bit-EXR ZIP16 24.6mb 32bit-EXR Zip1 25.6mb 32bit-EXR PLZ 29.3mb 16bit-TIFF 29.3mb 16bit-PSD 40.0mb 32bit-EXR Run Length 58.7mb 16

Aggregated feedZ

So I totally aggregated all meh rss feedZ...So in this one handy like feed thing you can get... -Meh blog posts -Meh EXCITING Facebook status updates (ex. "I'm so FACE") -Meh youtube videos -Meh Vimeo videos -Meh Blogtalk radio episodes - and much more (actually just like some other xml code that i don't understand) Just subscribe via this link and you can get all that for a low low price of...oh wait it's totally FREE ^ ^

So a guy is trying to take credit for my film...

TLDR- Scroll down to THE THIEVERY My name is Mike- I make films under the name "M dot Strange" and I have done so for the past 10+ years- this is my story as a filmmaker culminating in a recent event wherein a "filmmaker" tried to take credit for my life's work Here's my imdb page with my film credits  My web site Here's a reel with stuff from my original films in which I wrote/created/designed/animated etc everything that you see- I can and have performed all aspects of animated film production on my films- thats sort of how I made a name for myself- by being a one man animated film studio Here's a presentation from 2014 with me discussing the production of my last film My first animated feature film "We Are The Strange" premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2007 Sundance archives link Article about the film Link to the film Film's site Because of the buzz that film generated I was given offers to sell the