Skip to main content

The New Human Condition


Whenever one discusses or complains about the injustices in the world someone will usually come along and describe it as “The Human Condition” Something that cannot be changed. The Human Condition is described as the inescapable features of being human.

As humans merge with technology through the use of various communicative devices and the internet; the definition of “human” shifts. In the not too distant past news traveled very slow around the globe, and now its instantaneous.

Human’s have to try hard to be ignorant nowadays. News of the world can be found everywhere although most of it is corporate media propaganda. If you know where to look you can find the truth, you can learn about what is really going on in the world right now. A direct feed into the lives of other nationalities and cultures. A RAW feed not watered down and pasteurized by waxy shills that are so called “experts” or “objective” news people. 

No, in the new world we get to see for ourselves and make up our own minds. During the Oscar Grant case in which a police officer was caught on video shooting an unarmed man in the back as he lay prone on the ground- the officers attorney brought in an “expert” to tell the jury “what they were seeing” in the video.

Now, I guess the old sheep amongst us still fall for that sort of thing in that they are so brainwashed they can’t make up their own minds- they need an expert to explain to them what they are seeing.

I would HOPE that younger generations are not going to fall for these tricks. I would HOPE that they would look at the RAW view of current events that an OPEN and FREE internet allows them and make up their own minds for themselves.

The world is an unjust, cruel, hypocritical, and insane place and I don’t believe that is part of the “Human Condition” anymore. Human’s have changed, we longer have to be ignorant. We can learn a much closer approximation of the truth than ever before. It’s not pretty most of the time, but will you look?

And when you look and see the truth what will you do? 

People might say- WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO?! Just look I say- if you look and bear witness to tragic events and feel something the world is a better place for it. If you can actually do something else even better, but even by acknowledging the injustice, hypocrisy, pain and suffering you ARE doing something! You are being a witness, you are being a participant. The things you see and feel will help you make decisions in your life- and hopefully you will make different decisions that the people before you that created this world.

You will have a GLOBAL view rather than a personal, ethnic, religious or nationalistic one and I think if we all were to take on this view the world would change for the better.

Whether you like it or not we are all human citizens of planet earth and we should all be treated equally. The planet is still under the control of the oligarch’s and their offspring whom usually choose to continue the selfish practices of their elders and hold onto the power that was handed to them.

If you hate, or have a severe disdain for a populace or peoples you have never met- or call for harm to a land you have never visited- you have probably been brainwashed. Mass media has brainwashed most humans quite thoroughly and it continues to do so to newer generations who choose to be a part of it.

Mass media is the tool that has been used to hide the truth, to sway opinions, to silence voices, to make excuses for war and it has brought us to where we are today- a very shitty place.

Now we have a choice to be the media- every filmmaker, every blogger, every musician, every writer- is the media. You can carry a message- what will your message be?

I myself am just an animated filmmaker- as I watch the injustice and cruelty of what really goes on in the world- for example like the video I saw today of a 10 month old Palestinian baby dying from burns caused by an airstrike on Gaza- I won’t argue about religious/political/nationalistic rhetoric as I realize I am a human citizen of planet earth and this is NOT RIGHT- it is WRONG no matter “who” it is done too or by whom.

I realize that the status quo has gone INSANE- I realize that those oligarch’s currently in control have gone INSANE and are desperate to keep control of the minds of bodies of the masses. I know in the end THEY WILL FAIL- its just sad they have to take so many innocent lives down with them.

So if you think that the world “cannot change” you’re lying to yourself as it has been changing fast with the introduction of all these new technologies. Now we just need the “human condition” to catch up with the technology- and watching “Keeping up with the Kardashians” is not going to get us there- So turn it off, tune out and turn away from the mass media side show and go looking for the truth. 

If you’re too lazy to make up your own mind and want a cliff notes version of the world you’re going to be brainwashed. In the new world there is no excuse for ignorance, if you are willingly ignorant you just really enjoy the view of the inside of your own ass so don’t complain if you live in a world of shit.

So if you’re an artist, or media creator look at the RAW truths in the world around you! Don’t look through the lens of the mass media! Look for yourself! You will feel sad, depressed, angry, powerless, frustrated, enraged- now take those feelings and put them into your work! Put those feeling into the MEDIA you put out into the world! WE are the new media! We will shape the new world! 

So lets not repeat the same mistakes- lets create a world thats GOOD for people instead of our current one that is just good for corporations, banks and rich fuX.

My thoughts are with the people of Gaza and everyone else in the world I've learned about that are oppressed by the insane powers that be.

Sincerely,

M dot Strange
Animated Filmmaker

Comments

  1. inspiring and eye opening as always.
    you have my vote, future leader of the "new world" uprising.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi M Dot. I'm 22 years old and only in the past few years have I really started to wake up and give a shit about what's happening in our country and around the world. As important as it may be to stay true to yourself as an artist and a citizen of this planet, and also to resist manipulation from mass-media and ultimately think for yourself, I still must ask you (as a concerned earthling) what journalistic/personal sources do you value and personally endorse as a solid, unbiased way to keep up-to-date with what's going on in the world? I can't imagine an uberector like yourself spending hours each day comparing hundreds of news sources and manually picking out the bias in each one to get a clear picture of the truth. I also can't imagine anyone merely glancing out their window once in a while to stay up to date with current events. What specific sources/methods do you suggest? (btw I don't have a facebook or anything either)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What format should I render out of Cinema 4d with?

UPDATED 2_27_13!  RENDER USING EXR Lossy Zip16! Since I'm working on a new feature film that will generate over 1500 shots made up of image sequences I need to make sure I choose the right file format to render to lest my hard drives explode. What I need from my format is  at least 16bit, an alpha included and preferably small size. I rendered out a frame from my film tallied up all the file sizes here- their all different types of codecs listed from smallest file size to largest. The render includes an RGBA pass, Depth pass, and Material Luminance pass because thats what I always render out. 1.00mb 8bit-Photo Jpeg %100 1.27mb 8bit-PNG 4.65mb 16bit- EXR lossy ZIP16 5.75mb 8bit-PSD 6.23mb 16bit-EXR lossy PLZ 6.44mb 16bit-PNG 7.94mb 8bit-TIFF 8.50mb 16bit-EXR Lossy 24 9.05mb 16bit-EXR Lossy Run Length 14.6mb 8bit-TARGA 22.4mb 32bit-EXR ZIP16 24.6mb 32bit-EXR Zip1 25.6mb 32bit-EXR PLZ 29.3mb 16bit-TIFF 29.3mb 16bit-PSD 40.0mb 32bit-EXR Run Length 58.7mb 16

Aggregated feedZ

So I totally aggregated all meh rss feedZ...So in this one handy like feed thing you can get... -Meh blog posts -Meh EXCITING Facebook status updates (ex. "I'm so FACE") -Meh youtube videos -Meh Vimeo videos -Meh Blogtalk radio episodes - and much more (actually just like some other xml code that i don't understand) Just subscribe via this link and you can get all that for a low low price of...oh wait it's totally FREE ^ ^

So a guy is trying to take credit for my film...

TLDR- Scroll down to THE THIEVERY My name is Mike- I make films under the name "M dot Strange" and I have done so for the past 10+ years- this is my story as a filmmaker culminating in a recent event wherein a "filmmaker" tried to take credit for my life's work Here's my imdb page with my film credits  My web site Here's a reel with stuff from my original films in which I wrote/created/designed/animated etc everything that you see- I can and have performed all aspects of animated film production on my films- thats sort of how I made a name for myself- by being a one man animated film studio Here's a presentation from 2014 with me discussing the production of my last film My first animated feature film "We Are The Strange" premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2007 Sundance archives link Article about the film Link to the film Film's site Because of the buzz that film generated I was given offers to sell the