Skip to main content

The set for my new film is almost finished

I just have to model one more building to finish the set for my new animated feature film I am Nightmare which you can pre-order now btw ^_^

Those red boxes are the standins for the last building that I need to make

I modelled the buildings with functional interiors as well- so the models took a bit longer to make as they have to work and look right inside and out. I still have add some small things around the town to liven it up and make it less sparse but those are small things I've already made like rocks, debris etc

I use layer sets + xpresso + selection objects to switch the town from day to night- enabling/disabling the lighting schemes for night or day

The whole film takes place in this tiny town and the forest just outside its gates... it is somewhat inspired by westerns like High Plains Drifter or the Samurai film Yojimbo as its me playing with the "mysterious stranger comes to town" motif...

The last set piece/building is sort of complex so it'll probably take me two days to do- then after that I'll add some small touches to the town adding in random things on the street etc- then I'll optimize the town by cutting down on the number of objects by using the "connect + delete" command on objects that don't need to be modified on their own...

Once the set is optimized I'll finalize the lighting then run some render tests making sure theres no weirdness like flickering textures or things turned on for render that aren't supposed to be... once all that's done its animation time ^_^

I want to record the voice actors before I start animating- and I want to hire professional voice actors this time- so I hope to raise enough money through pre-orders and donations to do so- thanks to all who have pre-ordered or donated!

I was planning on starting production Jan 1st IF the kickstarter was successful as I would have the funds to hire the voice actors- The actors need a few weeks to do their thing- I'll end up about two weeks behind on the modeling as I'm still working on the sets- it should be another week or so on the sets- then I hope there will be enough funds to hire the voice actors- If not I'll just have to get whoever I can for free.

I already sent the script out to Ricky Grove, the voice of Lord Wor in Heart String Marionette so we already have him on board which is awesome ^_^ Then I think we'll only need one female voice actress to do all the female adult/child roles and one male voice actor to do all the male child roles.


Comments

  1. hey mdot does the pre-order require me to have a paypal or no? i've got one but it's balanced at 0.00 if u know what i mean.

    also where do i send voice acting auditions to cuz i really want to supply a voice for yr film

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeh its paypal but paypal allows you to use a credit card as well I'm pretty sure- suite! Just email me voice stuff to my email address on the contact page here- gonna need a bunch of kids voices and some adults too

      Delete
    2. imma get in on this as well ... to the email !

      Delete
  2. You *might* want to go through and put a bunch of "junk" lying around the houses: fences, pots, plants, rain barrels, laundry lines, etc. make the exterior look a bit more 'lived in', it'll help to sell the set as a real place where your characters live vs an obvious 'movie set' kind of thing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "I still have add some small things around the town to liven it up and make it less sparse but those are small things I've already made like rocks, debris etc"

      Was in the post ^_^

      Delete
  3. I built a town too for my movie, but as usual I'm retarded and its like a 2 GB file that slows everything down and makes me yell a lot. We must talk town tactics next podcast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reminds me (in a good way!) of LSD on the playstation :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. gawd it was a gud game, mah fav. one , i still play it on pSX

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What format should I render out of Cinema 4d with?

UPDATED 2_27_13!  RENDER USING EXR Lossy Zip16! Since I'm working on a new feature film that will generate over 1500 shots made up of image sequences I need to make sure I choose the right file format to render to lest my hard drives explode. What I need from my format is  at least 16bit, an alpha included and preferably small size. I rendered out a frame from my film tallied up all the file sizes here- their all different types of codecs listed from smallest file size to largest. The render includes an RGBA pass, Depth pass, and Material Luminance pass because thats what I always render out. 1.00mb 8bit-Photo Jpeg %100 1.27mb 8bit-PNG 4.65mb 16bit- EXR lossy ZIP16 5.75mb 8bit-PSD 6.23mb 16bit-EXR lossy PLZ 6.44mb 16bit-PNG 7.94mb 8bit-TIFF 8.50mb 16bit-EXR Lossy 24 9.05mb 16bit-EXR Lossy Run Length 14.6mb 8bit-TARGA 22.4mb 32bit-EXR ZIP16 24.6mb 32bit-EXR Zip1 25.6mb 32bit-EXR PLZ 29.3mb 16bit-TIFF 29.3mb 16bit-PSD 40.0mb 32bit-EXR Run Length 58.7mb 16

Aggregated feedZ

So I totally aggregated all meh rss feedZ...So in this one handy like feed thing you can get... -Meh blog posts -Meh EXCITING Facebook status updates (ex. "I'm so FACE") -Meh youtube videos -Meh Vimeo videos -Meh Blogtalk radio episodes - and much more (actually just like some other xml code that i don't understand) Just subscribe via this link and you can get all that for a low low price of...oh wait it's totally FREE ^ ^

So a guy is trying to take credit for my film...

TLDR- Scroll down to THE THIEVERY My name is Mike- I make films under the name "M dot Strange" and I have done so for the past 10+ years- this is my story as a filmmaker culminating in a recent event wherein a "filmmaker" tried to take credit for my life's work Here's my imdb page with my film credits  My web site Here's a reel with stuff from my original films in which I wrote/created/designed/animated etc everything that you see- I can and have performed all aspects of animated film production on my films- thats sort of how I made a name for myself- by being a one man animated film studio Here's a presentation from 2014 with me discussing the production of my last film My first animated feature film "We Are The Strange" premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2007 Sundance archives link Article about the film Link to the film Film's site Because of the buzz that film generated I was given offers to sell the