Skip to main content

I AM NIGHTMARE Production Diary #11

I just got back from Texas where I got to hang out with my friend and fellow forever alone filmmaker Jimmy ScreamerClauz- here's Jimmy and food poisoned me in some cafe (I ate a little too much Tex-Mex and ended up half dead for two days 0_o)
Jimmy ScreamerClauz and a sick M dot Strange
Thanks to our homie Josh for flying us out there! It was nice to take a 5 day break and geek out for a bit.

I just finished storyboarding sequence 3 of the films 9 sequences. This sequence is 177 shots and covers  14 pages of script. I'll have a 15 shot/day quota this month- I start animation tomorrow and I'll finish Sequence 3 on the 21st of this month.
First page of I AM NIGHTMARE sequence 3 storyboards and 2013 schedule
Since I'm able to crank out animation so fast I'll be able to release the film on Xmas 2013 with no problem whatsoever-

I'll be in Iceland to visit my girlfriend and lovely assistant April 22nd - May 8th we're also going to planning a live action/animated documentary we're going to do on an icelandic sailor who has the best real life stories I've ever heard. He's an amazing storyteller and has some awesome and hilarious true stories. So in the documentary I hope to capture the stories of an icelandic sailor travelling the world in the 1950's through animation.

 I'm going to do as Jimmy Screamerclauz suggested in the comments on this here blog and leave one PC on to render while I'm gone- and once I get back I'll just leave that one PC rendering 24/7 as one PC won't destroy the power bill like seven will.

There is another STRANGE production on the horizon as well- I wrote an animated sci-fi feature script in 2011 which I wouldn't be able to produce with my normal no budget means. So what I've decided to do is this....

The first 7 pages of the script is like a short film in itself and also sort of a standalone trailer for the full film. So I'm collaborating with a talented musician in Moon and Azure Shadow- whose album I posted about here in the past in which I did the album art for ya see- buy it here its dope!
Moon and Azure Shadow CD
So I gave him the script last week or so ago- he's going to create the music for the 7 page snippet which will lead to the creation of a 5-8 minute short animated film- once we have the finished short we'll release it for free online and launch a kickstarter campaign to fund the full feature film in which I'll hire other modelers, animators and artists to work on it- if it gets funded we go ahead with it- if it doesn't the standalone short film will still be something we'll be proud of.

So yeh lots more to come! I have to get started on the next solo animated feature film I'm going to do after I AM NIGHTMARE as well- so lots to do but I love the work so its fun times ^_^

Mega thanks to the people who recently pre-ordered I AM NIGHTMARE! You should have received your hand drawn postcards by now- I'll be prepping the next pre-order bonus download soon and it MIGHT be a teaser trailer ^_^ Ok I'm back to work!

Comments

  1. Turbo geeking out right now....
    Also, I just realized that ive never actually seen screamerclauz's face before now.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What format should I render out of Cinema 4d with?

UPDATED 2_27_13!  RENDER USING EXR Lossy Zip16! Since I'm working on a new feature film that will generate over 1500 shots made up of image sequences I need to make sure I choose the right file format to render to lest my hard drives explode. What I need from my format is  at least 16bit, an alpha included and preferably small size. I rendered out a frame from my film tallied up all the file sizes here- their all different types of codecs listed from smallest file size to largest. The render includes an RGBA pass, Depth pass, and Material Luminance pass because thats what I always render out. 1.00mb 8bit-Photo Jpeg %100 1.27mb 8bit-PNG 4.65mb 16bit- EXR lossy ZIP16 5.75mb 8bit-PSD 6.23mb 16bit-EXR lossy PLZ 6.44mb 16bit-PNG 7.94mb 8bit-TIFF 8.50mb 16bit-EXR Lossy 24 9.05mb 16bit-EXR Lossy Run Length 14.6mb 8bit-TARGA 22.4mb 32bit-EXR ZIP16 24.6mb 32bit-EXR Zip1 25.6mb 32bit-EXR PLZ 29.3mb 16bit-TIFF 29.3mb 16bit-PSD 40.0mb 32bit-EXR Run Length 58.7mb 16

Aggregated feedZ

So I totally aggregated all meh rss feedZ...So in this one handy like feed thing you can get... -Meh blog posts -Meh EXCITING Facebook status updates (ex. "I'm so FACE") -Meh youtube videos -Meh Vimeo videos -Meh Blogtalk radio episodes - and much more (actually just like some other xml code that i don't understand) Just subscribe via this link and you can get all that for a low low price of...oh wait it's totally FREE ^ ^

So a guy is trying to take credit for my film...

TLDR- Scroll down to THE THIEVERY My name is Mike- I make films under the name "M dot Strange" and I have done so for the past 10+ years- this is my story as a filmmaker culminating in a recent event wherein a "filmmaker" tried to take credit for my life's work Here's my imdb page with my film credits  My web site Here's a reel with stuff from my original films in which I wrote/created/designed/animated etc everything that you see- I can and have performed all aspects of animated film production on my films- thats sort of how I made a name for myself- by being a one man animated film studio Here's a presentation from 2014 with me discussing the production of my last film My first animated feature film "We Are The Strange" premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2007 Sundance archives link Article about the film Link to the film Film's site Because of the buzz that film generated I was given offers to sell the