Skip to main content

A short animated film for Halloween


Storyboarded a new animated short while sitting at this bench yesterday- It's a new episode of my "Darksided" series- 

Well- I did part of the storyboard when I was on the bus on the way there- I walked 3.5 miles to this bench- storyboard the rest of it then walked back-

Script is ten pages- storyboard has a little over 100 shots-  So finished short should be about 10 minutes- I penciled it into my calendar for the 23rd - 30th so I can release it on/just before Halloween as it's a spooky little thing-

I'm going to make it in Unity using Slate- it needs lip sync but I haven't decided how I'm going to do that yet- I could go the audio driven puppet mouth route as that's easy to implement but as of right now I plan on using realistic human models and puppet mouth wouldn't work well with them-

So I either need to go the stylized route with puppet mouth OR stay with realistic humans and look at some facial mocap options- I don't own any mocap gear/special camera's so that seems unrealistic if I am to complete it by the 30th-

I'm still working on my new game prototype- it's a first person multiplayer procedural horror puzzly type game- All the features/mechanics/meat of the code is done- I'm pretty sure if all goes well it will be my first Steam release- anyway- back to work!

btw I love interfaces- I wish I would have learned about them sooner as they save so much time- that and how to properly use inheritance, virtual/abstract methods- really cool stuff!





Comments

  1. That's so great! Anything I can do to help, let me know. Can't wait to see what you come up with. Bestest.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo hit me up if you want some Voicework or anything from me, I'm up for it! This is spook btw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi M dot Do you own the rights to the word Uberector, I was wondering if I can get permission to use the name for a film fest I'm thinking of starting. if you have time contact me at savelord94@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What format should I render out of Cinema 4d with?

UPDATED 2_27_13!  RENDER USING EXR Lossy Zip16! Since I'm working on a new feature film that will generate over 1500 shots made up of image sequences I need to make sure I choose the right file format to render to lest my hard drives explode. What I need from my format is  at least 16bit, an alpha included and preferably small size. I rendered out a frame from my film tallied up all the file sizes here- their all different types of codecs listed from smallest file size to largest. The render includes an RGBA pass, Depth pass, and Material Luminance pass because thats what I always render out. 1.00mb 8bit-Photo Jpeg %100 1.27mb 8bit-PNG 4.65mb 16bit- EXR lossy ZIP16 5.75mb 8bit-PSD 6.23mb 16bit-EXR lossy PLZ 6.44mb 16bit-PNG 7.94mb 8bit-TIFF 8.50mb 16bit-EXR Lossy 24 9.05mb 16bit-EXR Lossy Run Length 14.6mb 8bit-TARGA 22.4mb 32bit-EXR ZIP16 24.6mb 32bit-EXR Zip1 25.6mb 32bit-EXR PLZ 29.3mb 16bit-TIFF 29.3mb 16bit-PSD 40.0mb 32bit-EXR Run Length 58.7mb 16

Aggregated feedZ

So I totally aggregated all meh rss feedZ...So in this one handy like feed thing you can get... -Meh blog posts -Meh EXCITING Facebook status updates (ex. "I'm so FACE") -Meh youtube videos -Meh Vimeo videos -Meh Blogtalk radio episodes - and much more (actually just like some other xml code that i don't understand) Just subscribe via this link and you can get all that for a low low price of...oh wait it's totally FREE ^ ^

So a guy is trying to take credit for my film...

TLDR- Scroll down to THE THIEVERY My name is Mike- I make films under the name "M dot Strange" and I have done so for the past 10+ years- this is my story as a filmmaker culminating in a recent event wherein a "filmmaker" tried to take credit for my life's work Here's my imdb page with my film credits  My web site Here's a reel with stuff from my original films in which I wrote/created/designed/animated etc everything that you see- I can and have performed all aspects of animated film production on my films- thats sort of how I made a name for myself- by being a one man animated film studio Here's a presentation from 2014 with me discussing the production of my last film My first animated feature film "We Are The Strange" premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2007 Sundance archives link Article about the film Link to the film Film's site Because of the buzz that film generated I was given offers to sell the