Skip to main content

Why is everybody talking like a robot?


No, I don't mean the overuse of vocal pitch correction on modern(shit) music- Melodyne, Autotune etc-

I'm talking about talking- words-

NOT ONCE have I ever referred to what I create as "content" and why should I? That's silicon valley corporate speak- it disempowers the creator and homogenizes the creations-

It was created by corporations to help in the great monetization- MONETIZE ALL CONTENT-

"I would like to license 5 hours of content"
You mean these Beethoven symphonies?"
"Negative, just give me the audio content so that I can monetize!"

It's all content to them- yes, there are different "grades" of content- but once you go in that direction its not going to be good for anyone BUT corporations-

This new language was once reserved for the Steve Ballmer's of the world- the soulless corporate fucks who suck the life out of life for money- people who can't tell the difference between a Rachmaninoff piece and a song by some shitty popular DJ from 2019- its all "content" to them- sure, they would put them in different genre's(metadata) but to them, its all the same audio "content"

We're not all tech CEO's so why should we talk like them? Oh I forgot, they are part of our new ruling class- we must talk like the king!

Let's say I meet one of my favorites authors- I'm not going to say to him "I love your content" - I'm going to say "I love your BOOKS" why? Because I have respect and REVERENCE for the art and craft.

I'm not sure if they are indeed biological humans- but sometimes these things leave comments on my various works online with stuff like "I love your content" - If they are not actual bots I know they mean it as a complement but I don't take it as one- The statement means nothing to me.

It's the same as if a bot spat a string in the comment box- Why do people want to act like bots?

Also- I don't think "love" and "content" should ever be used in the same sentence.

"Deborah, I love you! Did you read the content I sent you in the mail?!" "No Johnny, I've been working hard on my own I.P. , I'll read your content tomorrow"

I know, I know- you hear and read all these flunkies who write articles or make videos shilling themselves out for whomever will monetize their time/text- Those innumerable, endless, replaceable "content" shills- and they throw "content" all over the place-

They are all mini corporate CEO's- wannabe tech kings-

They use words like "content" - "I.P."

"So M dot, how are you?"
 "I'm fine, just working on my content, you know- I have to build up my library of I.P. so the monetization will allow me to retire and consume my favorite content all day- as well as allowing bandwidth for copulation and other enjoyable physical activities before my physical vehicle expires"

If you claim to admire a work a biological human created then at least show enough respect to call what they create what it is.

And don't talk like a Silicon Valley corporate fuck just because you see/hear all these other soulless replaceable monetization humans doing it unless you have given up your self sovereignty and pledge to forever be latched to the teat of tech.

If you're not on stage at some tech convention it just sounds ridiculous- and this is me addressing  creative people that claim to have a soul.

If your a soulless human- please continue, it makes it easier to identify and avoid you.

Adblock is a great thing- I'd like a new tool to filter out the "content" + "I.P." organisms-



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

What format should I render out of Cinema 4d with?

UPDATED 2_27_13!  RENDER USING EXR Lossy Zip16! Since I'm working on a new feature film that will generate over 1500 shots made up of image sequences I need to make sure I choose the right file format to render to lest my hard drives explode. What I need from my format is  at least 16bit, an alpha included and preferably small size. I rendered out a frame from my film tallied up all the file sizes here- their all different types of codecs listed from smallest file size to largest. The render includes an RGBA pass, Depth pass, and Material Luminance pass because thats what I always render out. 1.00mb 8bit-Photo Jpeg %100 1.27mb 8bit-PNG 4.65mb 16bit- EXR lossy ZIP16 5.75mb 8bit-PSD 6.23mb 16bit-EXR lossy PLZ 6.44mb 16bit-PNG 7.94mb 8bit-TIFF 8.50mb 16bit-EXR Lossy 24 9.05mb 16bit-EXR Lossy Run Length 14.6mb 8bit-TARGA 22.4mb 32bit-EXR ZIP16 24.6mb 32bit-EXR Zip1 25.6mb 32bit-EXR PLZ 29.3mb 16bit-TIFF 29.3mb 16bit-PSD 40.0mb 32bit-EXR Run Length 58.7mb 16

Aggregated feedZ

So I totally aggregated all meh rss feedZ...So in this one handy like feed thing you can get... -Meh blog posts -Meh EXCITING Facebook status updates (ex. "I'm so FACE") -Meh youtube videos -Meh Vimeo videos -Meh Blogtalk radio episodes - and much more (actually just like some other xml code that i don't understand) Just subscribe via this link and you can get all that for a low low price of...oh wait it's totally FREE ^ ^

So a guy is trying to take credit for my film...

TLDR- Scroll down to THE THIEVERY My name is Mike- I make films under the name "M dot Strange" and I have done so for the past 10+ years- this is my story as a filmmaker culminating in a recent event wherein a "filmmaker" tried to take credit for my life's work Here's my imdb page with my film credits  My web site Here's a reel with stuff from my original films in which I wrote/created/designed/animated etc everything that you see- I can and have performed all aspects of animated film production on my films- thats sort of how I made a name for myself- by being a one man animated film studio Here's a presentation from 2014 with me discussing the production of my last film My first animated feature film "We Are The Strange" premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2007 Sundance archives link Article about the film Link to the film Film's site Because of the buzz that film generated I was given offers to sell the