Skip to main content

To the crabs in the bucket: "Well fuckin do better bitch"

That's the phrase I think of when I see someone who wants to do activity X but never has and they are telling someone else about how bad they are at activity X

The phrase came from an experience I had just out of high school- I was hanging out with some friends who wanted to be rappers but they hadn't recorded anything/made any songs- we were listening to this pirate radio state and some kid was freestyling on there- he was pretty good- they gave out their number and one of my friends who wanted to be a rapper called in and started talking to the kid telling him how he wasn't any good and how he was copying so and so-

The kid listened to it all and just said "WELL FUCKIN DO BETTER BITCH!" and my friend just sort of stumbled on with his words- the kid hung up and kept freestyling-

Thats realness right there- its common behavior that when you see someone that is doing what you want to do- to drag them down crabs in a bucket style and tell them NO YOU CAN'T DO THAT! YOU'RE NOT DOING IT RIGHT! THIS IS A FAILURE!

Maybe you'll claim to be an expert because you studied it really hard but you lack the metaphorical balls to do it yourself- instead you hide in your comfortable cave of being an "expert" or "critic" and sling arrows at anyone who attempts to pass and do the thing you want to do- you HOPE to hit them in that good ol knee so you can make them fail just as you have without even trying-

That is to say- these cowardly people do not want anyone that is too similar to them or in a similar situation to them to succeed because that would be PROOF that they could succeed as well- they are happy to see large companies succeed because they can make this excuse to themselves "You see, you need millions of dollars and hundreds of people... thats why I can never do it"

One of the main things that drove me to make my 3 animated feature films with no budget was to shut these people up- but you know what that ones I had come across did- they just ignored me/made excuses and pretended I didn't exist when I presented them with the evidence- the same people still sit on the same forums today and they are still making the same excuses!

Instead of taking inspiration from people like them who have done what they want to do- they instead take the cowards way out- make excuses and still never try- "its impossible" they'll say while ignoring the people who have done it and continuing to make excuses-

If you encounter one of these cowards hiding behind a "critic" "expert" or "commenter" hat just tell them "WELL FUCKIN DO BETTER BITCH!"

They'll make excuses but they know in their cowardly hearts whats true-

If you TRY- I applaud you for trying- keep trying- you are brave enough to try so you can foster the passion it takes to succeed at whatever it is you're trying to do-

If you are afraid to even try- I hope you will as the world waits for no one to give them the perfect situation to try you just have to go for it any way-

If you are afraid to even try AND you are criticizing others who are trying to do what you want to do- why don't YOU show us how its done expert?

AND NO you can't show us examples from other peoples work- YOU SHOW US through YOUR WORK! Oh you have none? Shit, you better start doing your homework before you start trying to tell us how its done- talk is cheap- show us.

Talk may impress amateurs but one day you are going to run into a professional and they are going to want to see your credentials- your body of work- if you have none- its not going to be pretty.




Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

What format should I render out of Cinema 4d with?

UPDATED 2_27_13!  RENDER USING EXR Lossy Zip16! Since I'm working on a new feature film that will generate over 1500 shots made up of image sequences I need to make sure I choose the right file format to render to lest my hard drives explode. What I need from my format is  at least 16bit, an alpha included and preferably small size. I rendered out a frame from my film tallied up all the file sizes here- their all different types of codecs listed from smallest file size to largest. The render includes an RGBA pass, Depth pass, and Material Luminance pass because thats what I always render out. 1.00mb 8bit-Photo Jpeg %100 1.27mb 8bit-PNG 4.65mb 16bit- EXR lossy ZIP16 5.75mb 8bit-PSD 6.23mb 16bit-EXR lossy PLZ 6.44mb 16bit-PNG 7.94mb 8bit-TIFF 8.50mb 16bit-EXR Lossy 24 9.05mb 16bit-EXR Lossy Run Length 14.6mb 8bit-TARGA 22.4mb 32bit-EXR ZIP16 24.6mb 32bit-EXR Zip1 25.6mb 32bit-EXR PLZ 29.3mb 16bit-TIFF 29.3mb 16bit-PSD 40.0mb 32bit-EXR Run Length 58.7mb 16

Aggregated feedZ

So I totally aggregated all meh rss feedZ...So in this one handy like feed thing you can get... -Meh blog posts -Meh EXCITING Facebook status updates (ex. "I'm so FACE") -Meh youtube videos -Meh Vimeo videos -Meh Blogtalk radio episodes - and much more (actually just like some other xml code that i don't understand) Just subscribe via this link and you can get all that for a low low price of...oh wait it's totally FREE ^ ^

So a guy is trying to take credit for my film...

TLDR- Scroll down to THE THIEVERY My name is Mike- I make films under the name "M dot Strange" and I have done so for the past 10+ years- this is my story as a filmmaker culminating in a recent event wherein a "filmmaker" tried to take credit for my life's work Here's my imdb page with my film credits  My web site Here's a reel with stuff from my original films in which I wrote/created/designed/animated etc everything that you see- I can and have performed all aspects of animated film production on my films- thats sort of how I made a name for myself- by being a one man animated film studio Here's a presentation from 2014 with me discussing the production of my last film My first animated feature film "We Are The Strange" premiered at the Sundance Film Festival in 2007 Sundance archives link Article about the film Link to the film Film's site Because of the buzz that film generated I was given offers to sell the